Lavender Tie Dye Turkish Towel
These towels are extremely versatile. They are larger in size than traditional towels + ideal for use as bath towels, beach towels, beach blankets or even sarongs. They are also great for travel, as they are lightweight, take up less space + dry quickly!
- Material: 100% Turkish cotton
- Measurements: 64" l x 36" w
- Color: lavender + cream
- Handmade with love in Turkey
- As with all handcrafted goods, there are slight variations making each piece a work of art and truly one of a kind.
- Care: Each piece is pre-washed so color won't run. Machine wash cold with like colors and hang dry or tumble dry on low. Do not use bleach or fabric softener as they can damage the fabric. Turkish towels become softer and fluffier over time with more use and washings.
Originally used in Turkish baths, Turkish towels, also known as peshtemals or hammam towels, have been traditionally hand-loomed in Turkey for centuries. They are made using extra-long, tightly woven fibers which gives them a lightweight, yet highly absorbent quality.
SLATE + SALT Turkish towels are loomed by small, family owned workshops in the Denizli region of Turkey. Weaving is the main source of income for these skilled weavers, who pride themselves on keeping the looming tradition alive, utilizing manual craftsmanship without compromising quality. They only use eco-friendly, OEKO-TEX certified, 100% natural fibers such as cotton and bamboo and colors are achieved through non-harmful dyes. Tassels are hand-knotted by women in their homes.
SLATE + SALT'S mission is to bring you a curated collection of modern, one-of-a-kind pieces while preserving traditional techniques + supporting the Fair Trade movement. They work closely with small social enterprises to facilitate dignified working opportunities in areas of extreme poverty. They encourage you to explore other cultures + traditions in a socially conscious way.