Face Sea Sponge
For gentle exfoliation: responsibly harvested natural silk sea sponge from off the coast of the Philippines. Sponges vary in color + shape, roughly 1.5-2″.
Use the wet sponge on soapy skin to gently buff away dead skin cells + dirt. The minerals contained in sea sponges nourish + benefit the skin. These include, but are not limited to: calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron, zinc, and potassium. Simply rinse + hydrate.
All-natural Sea Sponges are a renewable resource. When sponges are harvested, the sponge divers hand cut each sponge to ensure that more than one inch of the base remains intact. The sponge then re-grows back to its original form within 3-5 years. Studies show that areas harvested actually increase the population density of sponges.
Your sponge can last years if taken care of properly!
CARING FOR YOUR SPONGE:
- After each use, allow your sponges to completely dry. Don’t keep them in the shower, hang them somewhere were they can totally dry out.
- Every few weeks, soak your sponge in 1 cup warm water with 1 tablespoon baking soda for 15 minutes. Then rinse + let dry (preferably hang it in a mesh bag.) The baking soda cleans the sponge as well as revitalizes its cellular structure, increasing durability.
Ways to disinfect your sponge:
- Soak it in 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide and 1 cup water, this will clean and re-bleach the sponge.
- Soak in 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar) in 1 cup of warm water.
- Soak your sponge in 3 drops of tea tree oil in 1 cup of warm water, this will eliminate any odors.
- *Never place your sponge in boiling water, a dryer, or the microwave. This will make your sponge hard. Don’t use bleach, this will weaken your sponge. Don’t twist or pull your sponge, this will tear it. If your sponge starts getting ragged, trim off the loose pieces with a pair of scissors.
NASH & JONES is committed to crafting products that are not only amazing for your skin + bodies, but perform even better than big box shelf alternatives. This small family-owned + operated company says NO to: petroleum + petroleum by-products, dyes, harmful preservatives, fillers, perfumes, and mineral oil. They do, however, say YES to:
- Not testing on animals
- Employing sustainable methods to harvest natural ingredients in a responsible manner
- Choosing cold-pressed, expeller-pressed + steam-distilled oils and essential oils as well as plants + roots that are renewable
- Keeping sustainability in mind when choosing products that are harvested from the earth + the people that harvest them
- Using ingredients that are alive, come from the earth + nourish with naturally occurring vitamins + minerals